Today we had a Design Jam to decide on the branding for the Degree Show.
We were put into 4 groups and giving a couple of hours to sketch ideas before lecturers visited each group to see what we'd come up with. I had prepared some ideas at home and being brutally honest I still felt and feel like a burst slipper so I wasn't as involved as I normally would be. The group did like my ideas and were tempted to take them forward to the final presentation but we decided on another design. I feel like had I been feeling better I'd have pushed my design more as I felt it was pretty strong but today I just didn't have the energy.
I put a moodboard together before coming up with my ideas:
Looking at the moodboard I really liked the stencil image on the bottom left and the Raw19 image top right so I took elements of both and mocked up some ideas:
The idea was to create a stencil poster that would be printed in different bold colours so that it could be placed on a variety of backgrounds and still pop! while using the background to fill the year 2020, a major part of our Degree Show branding.
Working within the group I edited the poster to get the image on the bottom right which I was really happy with and would happily have taken it forward to the vote but I was outvoted within my group which can't be helped. Overall from a personal point of view, the day was a bit of a washout just because of how awful I felt, I normally really enjoy group work. Hopefully, I can shift this head cold asap! because its making concentrating a real challenge!



