Week 2 in the books

My Image

Week 2 has been and gone and with it, I've made some important decisions or at least honed in on specific areas!

At the start of the week we were introduced to our social media strategy class but it's only an hour-long so it was more of an introduction into the topic and lecturer Olle so I not 100% clear on what the subject entails.
I did, however, decide on a competition for my Professional Project! I am going to be competing in the Sony World Photography Awards via https://www.worldphoto.org/

I haven't decided if I will be entering the Professional or Open competitions yet, Originally I was leaning towards the Open competition and specifically the Creative section but after looking into the Professional category it requires a sequence of images instead of just stand-alone photos so I feel I can use that to my advantage and come up with a sequence that links into my Research and Design project surrounding mental health and submit it to the Creative section of that competition.

On Friday we had our stage one presentation about our Research Project, I volunteered to go first as I normally do and the presentation went pretty well, I received really good feedback and Lesley is happy that I have focused my topic into a more specific area, the only thing I need to adjust is my intended use of online surveys but Lesley said she'll go over it with me next week. Personally, I was quite frustrated during my talk as I got really nervous which is something I don't normally suffer from. I don't know why it happened, maybe because it was my first time doing one in front of my new class. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again because I like to feel more in control when presenting.

It was good hearing everyone's areas of research, there are some really interesting areas being looked at, including video game characters which are something I've studied before when completing my Computer Arts degree.

It was also good to hear that one of my classmates is taking part in the same Professional Project competition as me so we'll be able to talk about it and potentially help each other out with meeting the brief.