First Big boy deadline



Today we had our first big submission, which consisted of my 3000-word draft dissertation and a 10 minute graded research proposal presentation that was worth 10% of the Major Research grade.

I don't know what it is but my confidence in presenting has become a train wreck, I've never had an issue in the past and at Abertay had to give them in front of at least 30+ students and lecturers all the time and worked as a lecturer for a year at Fife College but now I feel so anxious about them. I don't know if its the subject matter being so personal or if my previous struggles have ruined my nerves but it is really getting to me.

However, I felt the presentation today went reasonably well, I had prepared exactly what I wanted to say and have done quite a lot of research so I was confident in my knowledge. The feedback was good and the lecturers had no questions for me which I took as a positive. I'm not sure when I'll get my grade but I don't think I could have done it any better. The whole "10%" thing has been worrying me from day one, so now that I've got one out of the way I feel better about the next one in week 12.