This week we had our first submission for the social media and degree show class. Working in our team we came up with draft images and poster ideas, working off the winner of the Design Jam from weeks ago to create the branding for the show.
The winning poster from Design Jam
I begun just simply playing around with the eyes and different backgrounds to see if anything started to stand out:
After coming together as a group we decided to take the branding in a completely different direction and I couldn't be happier with the end product, after 3 full days of going back and forward (1 that I missed because I had an interview for my dissertation already organised).
We started with a design with Webdings and ended up with a poster made up using a collage of our faces with a logo positioned around one of the eyes as a point back at the original design.
Development ideas before the finalised piece was decided on

Another aspect of the submission was to design invites which after a little brainstorming we decided to use the posters themselves folded into letters. This meant experimenting with different folding styles:





It wasn't until the third day that it was cemented what style we'd go for:





I love how they've come out, I think it makes the invite so much more interesting and more likely to be kept and shown off by the recipient which is just extra advertising.






